Wednesday, February 6, 2008

"Love & Logic"

A good friend of mine has been attending a class called "Love & Logic Parenting". She has been telling me how much it has helped the atmosphere in her home. I decided to attend the last 5 sessions, starting last night. Five minutes before I had to leave, I asked Troy if he would like to attend with me (I had been telling him about it recently already). I was shocked when he threw on his shoes and said, "Let's go!" We were thrilled with some of the skills we learned our first night. It will take practice and discipline to follow through, but I'm sure it will be worth it. Our only regret is that we didn't do this years ago. Our Kevin is a strong willed stinker. He has a great heart, but some nasty habits and a crappy attitude a lot of the time. I figure the attitude is just a pre-teen thing, so we need help now before it totally gets out of hand.

6 comments:

Kim and Aaron W. said...

I need that class with my 2 suspended brawlers...

Jessica said...

I took this course last year and have loved seeing it work. I highly recommed it!

Ms. Kristen said...

I would love to go with you one time!

naturaljoy said...

Hey Kristi,
I've wanted to get a chance to talk to you lately but never caught you at the right moment. How's your MCP experience been? I hope it's been everything you've wanted. I also want to know more about your guitar and singing ability! I've been dabbling in that stuff since I was 15 and would love to know more about what you know and where you learned it. Did you write that song you sang at the enrichment? Thanks for being an inspiration.
Amelia

Kim and Aaron W. said...

TIME TO UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!!

Kim and Aaron W. said...

UPDATE!
UPDATE!!
UPDATE!!!
UPDATE!!!!
UPDATE!!!!!
UPDATE!!!!!!
UPDATE!!!!!!!
UPDATE!!!!!!!!
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty please?