Tuesday, February 5, 2008

February Ensign

Have you ever picked up the latest Ensign and felt it was written just for you? Last night, I read cover to cover and just felt that it was a real answer to some prayers I've had lately. As I laid in bed reading (with a night-light until almost 1am) I just felt the Spirit and felt a surge of knowledge that what I was reading REALLY applied to me. I haven't had (or taken) the time to really pour through the Ensign for several months, and it felt like "coming home".

How grateful I am for inspired leaders who prayerfully teach us what the Lord wants for us. The Ensign is such a lighthouse in my life. What a gift.

Does that make sense? I may be a month late for resolutions, but I've kind of mapped out in my head some new resolutions, set new priorities, and given myself some new challenges for self-improvement in several areas of my life. Nothing huge or dramatic, but I've "taken a look in the mirror" and see some need for improvement. What's a new year without new goals? 'Nuff said.

1 comment:

jani said...

Don't you love it when the scriptures and prophets and Spirit speak to you? Re-read your post on this often to remind you!!