Friday, December 7, 2007

Poems

Stacy wrote this poem in her Washington State History/Writing class.
When I read it, I could almost picture being there:

SKIING IS A BLAST!
Washington, my home, is a great place to ski.
My hair flies behind me, crusted with snow.
My eyes scan cautiously for other skiers.
My voice booms, "Watch out!"
My hands grip tightly to my poles.
My legs ache.
I rarely fall going down steep hills.
I remember when I went down Country Road and fell.
I hope the snow appears early this year.
I swoop, soar, and glide down the mountains in Washington!
-Stacy Bair, 4th grade

Kevin had the same assignment. Kevin is a minimalist:

SKIING IN WASHINGTON!
Washington, my home, is a great place to ski.
My hair sweats under my warm black hat.
My eyes sweep the snowy slope for turns.
My mouth shut firmly.
My hands grip my poles tightly.
I rarely wipe out.
I remember to jump carefully.
I hope I make turns better this year.
I love to ski in Washington!
-Kevin Bair, 6th grade

You can tell that our kids have skiing on the brain!

No comments: