Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Nutcracker



As is tradition, Stacy, Rachel and I attended the Nutracker yesterday. This year, Tana and Meredith went with us. So, for the 5th year in a row, we gathered at my house, got all dolled up, donned tiaras (little girls only), and went to the show. It was lovely from our front row seats. Then on our way to DQ for ice-cream, the girls sat in the back-seat and grossed out/giggled about the man in the super-tight tights. Of course, I had to remind them that if they are so grossed out by the man in tights, maybe we would have to sit in the back-row next year. They quieted down a little. Everything was part of our tradition: dressing up, tiaras, front row, DQ, grossing out, me threatening back-row next year... I guess they were just keeping up with their part of the holiday tradition. Actually, Merdy just sat there and listened. She probably didn't even notice the obscenely tight tights. What a fun day!

3 comments:

jani said...

How fun! You are so great at making memories so special! Thanks for making so many of my childhood memories special (like EVERY birthday party that was a 'surprise' party *grin*)

Ms. Kristen said...

I have read so many blogs about the man in the tight pink tights! Should of been there! Ha!

Thanks for all you do in primary! You are the best!

Kim and Aaron W. said...

How fun... Maybe next year, Karlie & I will join in the tradition... Although she would probably make a spectical of herself by laughing out loud, heckeling the man in tights... She has her own way of not being descrete.. Gotta love Karlie!