Friday, December 7, 2007

Busy, busy, busy...

Do you love our new Holiday Music selections? They were picked out personally by the kids! Isn't Chewbacca talented (He's the one grunting Silent Night... I hope no one is offended by him)? HOMESCHOOL - I can't believe it is December, and Christmas is right around the corner! Earlier this week, we finished school early one day and had a homeschool-crafting-afternoon! The kids LOVED homeschool that day! We made cards and treats for their teachers at school.
Today, we went to the Kennewick library for a craft-day with other LDS homeschool families. It was fun to meet other families that we have stuff in common with. The kids made little gifts for grandparents and other relatives. I don't know whether it was more fun making the stuff or hanging out with new friends.

SKIING - We found out that BLUEWOOD ski area opens Sunday. The kids were so excited. Kevin actually had tears in his eyes and a big smile on his face. He was emotional that it would finally be time to ski! Silly kid!

CHRISTMAS - Last weekend Troy and I went to his company Christmas party. They had several $20-$100 gift cards and had an impromtu talent show to compete for the cards. The first competition was for people who would sing their High School Alma Mater. I humiliated myself by singing AND doing the B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S! part... including the cheerleading motions. I have no pride. But I won 100 bucks! I would have done it wearing a clown suit for 100 bucks! Then they had people sing Christmas carols. I redeemed myself this time by singing Silent Night. Troy wasn't so embarrassed by that. And again, another 100 bucks! That was the easiest $200 I have ever made. Also the most embarrassing.

So when we got home and told the kids, Stacy asked if I had sung Silent Night like Chewbacca (the one that is on our attached playlist...). She was dissappointed that I hadn't. She is such a goof-ball!


I'm pretty much done with my holiday purchases. At least my checking account looks like I'd better be! The kids opened a shipment of gifts a couple months ago, so they know what some of their gifts are. I made up a story about the stuff being for someone else, but they didn't buy it. Oh well, good thing they don't believe in Santa anymore.

2 comments:

jani said...

What? Why wouldn't they believe in Santa??

Love the story about good old Monroe's Alma Matter *grin* I'd have paid good money to see that one, but I know I'd have done it myself too!!

Bair Family said...

Pooh, Kimi says she would never have done that... but $200 at Christmas time... too good to resist! It is our Bluewood/Skiing gas money! I'm glad you and Tana weren't there, or you would have given me a run for my money, I'm sure!